NO LONGER UPDATED visit Pixiespocket.com

This is an old blog, not updated, but you can find the new blog over at PixiesPocket.com - you'll find articles and recipes about herbalism, gardening, scratch recipes, brewing, canning, book reviews, upcoming events, and more.

July 31, 2013

Link Roundup

SimpleBites Pickles...mmm...
Vinegar-free, lacto-fermented garden pickles from one of my favorite sites, SimpleBites!  I've always wondered how to make pickles in the days when vinegar wasn't just a grocery-store run away...this sounds like a great way to add more live cultures into my diet.  I've noticed that consuming live cultures are a great assistance with my candida issues, and allow me to eat a little more sweet stuff if I have lacto-fermented food to balance it out!

Sweden has run out of trash.  Their effective trash and recycling system, which uses the waste to create fuel and energy for the nation, has the added benefit of now being paid to take and process the trash of other nations in Europe!  Why are we not ALL DOING THIS?!

Another lacto-fermented beauty:  Pickled Carrots (specifically ginger and orange pickled carrots!)  This post from Prim & Primal (love their banner, too *tweak tweak*) sounds absolutely delicious!  I would eat this on pita, on rice, in sushi....anywhere nice and cold and refreshing.

Also, after everything I've been dealing with in the Lyme world, this Threadless shirt made me giggle:  

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thankee much for taking the time to leave a bit of your mind on my page...it enriches my brain compost and sprouts new ideas!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home