NO LONGER UPDATED visit Pixiespocket.com

This is an old blog, not updated, but you can find the new blog over at PixiesPocket.com - you'll find articles and recipes about herbalism, gardening, scratch recipes, brewing, canning, book reviews, upcoming events, and more.

July 16, 2013

Summertime Kitchen Projects

Howdy, folks!  I'm going to be out of town and away from the computer for about a week - so here's some things to keep you busy while I'm gone!
  • Pesto doesn't have to be made with Basil...try mustard greens, radish tops, dandelion leaves, kale, chickweed, or other fresh herb and greens combos!  Throw some garlic, pine nuts (or sunflowers seeds, almonds, macadamias...), parmesan cheese, and some sea salt in a food processor.  Give it a whirl, then add a handful of greens.  Process until smooth and delicious!  
  • Make your own "Magic Shell" chocolate for topping desserts from My Homespun Home!
  • Mountain Rose Herbs just posted this amazing looking No-Bake Herbal Cookie Nuggets! I will totally give these a try when I get back from my vacation. 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thankee much for taking the time to leave a bit of your mind on my page...it enriches my brain compost and sprouts new ideas!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home