NO LONGER UPDATED visit Pixiespocket.com

This is an old blog, not updated, but you can find the new blog over at PixiesPocket.com - you'll find articles and recipes about herbalism, gardening, scratch recipes, brewing, canning, book reviews, upcoming events, and more.

July 2, 2012

Pixie's Pocket Spotlight: Chelsea Farms Honey, Madison Co. NC

Lovely Madison Co, NC honey from
Chelsea Farms (2011 batch)
Limited Edition Honey!  
This 2011 batch is going quickly!

In the hills and winding roads of Madison County, North Carolina is a lovely little place known as Chelsea Farms.  The sweet folks who maintain their small organic fruit farm also nurture two happy, healthy bee hives!

This early winter, they approached me at the market and asked if I would be interested in distributing their excess honey from the 2011 harvest.

I was intrigued, since I've had customers request plain honey in the past, and I don't yet have my own hives...so I agreed.

My agreement hastened when I heard the Chelsea Farms folks tell me that this here honey tied for first place in the Madison County beekeepers association meeting Blind Taste Test!

The honey has layers of flavors, and even some rich tannins that give it a strong base for the high sweet notes of the fruit pollen and Western North Carolina wildflowers.   I was sold at the first taste!  

So, if you are as intrigued as I was, become a fan and get you some of this amazingly rich and flavorful honey before it's all gone!   I can't wait to see what they have next harvest...

Available for sale at:


or Pixie's Pocket on Etsy!


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thankee much for taking the time to leave a bit of your mind on my page...it enriches my brain compost and sprouts new ideas!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home