NO LONGER UPDATED visit Pixiespocket.com

This is an old blog, not updated, but you can find the new blog over at PixiesPocket.com - you'll find articles and recipes about herbalism, gardening, scratch recipes, brewing, canning, book reviews, upcoming events, and more.

May 23, 2012

Good Reads from Fellow Bloggers: May 2012

Bawk in the Wormwood
Howdy, y'all!

Eric and I have been super busy lately, and the perennial herb garden is growing on without much assistance from me.  I have images to share later, and plant and herb profiles, but those are on the back burner.

We are looking for a homestead, and putting all of our energies into manifesting our dreams into reality.  I promise that I shall return, and soon!

Until then, I am happy to give you some links to a couple of wonderful bloggers that I adore, in hopes of spreading the knowledge that they have the time and energy to share. <3

  • Small Measure:  Ashley English is an awesome lady.  I've had the chance to meet and share some communication with her, as we live in the same town!  But whether you are in this here valley or no, you can find some great information on her blog.  She teaches classes on raising backyard chickens, shares her experiences with sustainable living with a small child and the assorted products available to mamas and babies, and is a foodie...the images of the food she creates make my tummy rumble!  Ashley often hosts giveaways for nifty products as well, so check her out!

  • Little House in the Suburbs:  I've been following this blog for years, now!  Daisy shares great tips for gardening and raising animals in a suburban environment without freaking out your neighbors.  Think you can't be sustainable in the 'burbs?  Think again!  I was lucky enough to win a copy of Daisy's recently published "Little House in the Suburbs" book via a Goodreads.com giveaway, and I'll begin reading it in a few days.  After that, I'll be happy to share a review!


A passion for organics picture frameMountain Rose Herbs is my favorite place to buy bulk herbs that I cannot find with my local sources.  They are an amazing example of an environmentally responsible company, and I have no qualms about supporting their business, and promoting them with my affiliate account.

Recently, Mountain Rose Herbs announced that they have a new sustainable method for packaging their organic teas.  The boxes they you are made from recycled newpapers, lined with non-GMO plant cellulose, and quite beautiful to boot!

Visit Mountain Rose Herbs by clicking the image to the right, or you can follow my link to one of my favorites: Persephone's Tea.  This blend is for cleansing the liver after any overexertion, too much partying, as Persephone rises from the underworld and up into spring.  It contains  organic Dandelion root, organic Eleuthero root, organic Burdock root, organic Milk Thistle seed, and organic Yellow Dock root. 



Until next time...enjoy the beautiful spring!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thankee much for taking the time to leave a bit of your mind on my page...it enriches my brain compost and sprouts new ideas!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home