NO LONGER UPDATED visit Pixiespocket.com

This is an old blog, not updated, but you can find the new blog over at PixiesPocket.com - you'll find articles and recipes about herbalism, gardening, scratch recipes, brewing, canning, book reviews, upcoming events, and more.

May 8, 2012

WNC Farm Profile: Spinning Spider Creamery

Bloomy Samples at Market, photo from
SpinningSpiderCreamery.com
Now, I know that there are people out there who just do not like goat cheese, no matter what.  Let it be known that I am NOT one of those people! 

I adore chévre, ever since I worked behind the cheese counter at Integral Yoga Natural Foods in Charlottesville, Virginia.  Back then, I tried my first taste with a wrinkled nose and look of displeasure even before it touched my tongue...but it wasn't so bad!  And it's only become a stronger addiction since then.

And now I'm in Western North Carolina...a wonderful place with many small farms creating fabulous cheeses.  One of my favorites is Spinning Spider Creamery.

From the fresh creamy chévre to their aged varieties, I've enjoyed every bite of cheese that I've had from Spinning Spider Creamery.

The creamery is run by the Owen family.  They are dedicated, from the eldest to the youngest members involved in the raising, milking, and cheese-making process on their Madison County Farm.  The cheese is made with love and focus, and you can tell it in the quality.

Visit their site to see a list of shops that carry their cheese, and check the sidebar for links to their Farm Markets and other appearances!


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thankee much for taking the time to leave a bit of your mind on my page...it enriches my brain compost and sprouts new ideas!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home