NO LONGER UPDATED visit Pixiespocket.com

This is an old blog, not updated, but you can find the new blog over at PixiesPocket.com - you'll find articles and recipes about herbalism, gardening, scratch recipes, brewing, canning, book reviews, upcoming events, and more.

January 29, 2011

Let's Talk About: Smearing Honey on your Face

Image by Modern Scribe Photography
Ok, so we all know that I love honey for accenting foods and drinks as well as just on it's own by the spoonful.  But did you know that I also love it for use as a do-it-yourself spa treatment?  Honey can serve as a wonderful product to add to your beautification rituals!

Even if you don't use Pixie's Pocket honey, I encourage you to use local honey from a natural beekeeper so you can be assured of it's purity. Some of the big box stores carry honey that comes from China or Argentina, and they are often supplemented with High Fructose Corn Syrup and other less-than-ideal chemical treatments.

Simple Honey Facial:

  • Tie back your hair and roll up any long sleeves.
  • Wash your face with warm water and a gentle soap. Pat your sweet face dry with a clean towel. Look at how pretty you are!
  • Dip your fingertips into a jar of honey, and apply small dollops of honey directly to your skin all around your face.  Use the fingertips of both hands to very gently spread the honey around, including on your lips and in the folds around your nose.
  • Gently press your fingertips all over your face, lifting them up, and pressing back down.  As the honey dries a bit, you can feel this process pulling your skin. This brings blood flow and vitality to all of those tiny blood vessels!
  • Keep patting your wonderful face until the honey dries. This should not take long at all, just about one minute. Rinse your hands, and sit down for a little bit.  This would be a great time to meditate, paint your toenails, or anything else calming and self-restorative. I like to jump into a nice warm bath, personally.
  • After about ten minutes or so, run some water and splash your face clean. If you rinse with nice warm water, you shouldn't have to use soap. Let yourself feel clean and new.
  • Pat your face dry again, and look at your glow! This simple ritual helps to remove blackheads and restore vitality to your skin when performed regularly.
I find it to be a totally enjoyable activity, and it truly works to help clean the skin and leave you feeling moisturized! Has anyone else tried this?

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Aug 18, 2012, 7:49:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello my name is Phoenix and I love honey too! I love to use it on almost everything. My question is how often should I do the honey face mask? I have some blackheads I'd like to get rid off and I've used honey a bit in the past.
Thanks so much for your blog!

 
At Aug 19, 2012, 7:24:00 AM , Blogger Amber Pixie Shehan said...

Hello, Phoenix!

The honey facial is safe enough to use as often as you like. I use it at least once a month, but could honestly stand to do it more often.

I appreciate your comments, and hope you enjoy your honey spa time!

~Amber Pixie

 
At Aug 20, 2012, 9:33:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Amber. I'll probably do it weekly just because I love it so much!

 

Post a Comment

Thankee much for taking the time to leave a bit of your mind on my page...it enriches my brain compost and sprouts new ideas!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home