NO LONGER UPDATED visit Pixiespocket.com

This is an old blog, not updated, but you can find the new blog over at PixiesPocket.com - you'll find articles and recipes about herbalism, gardening, scratch recipes, brewing, canning, book reviews, upcoming events, and more.

October 27, 2010

Pixie's Pocket Spotlight: Cayenne Honey

Graphic and Photo by Modern Scribe Design
Cayenne Honey?

Oh, yeah...it's warm. It's sweet. It's dangerously yummy...

Cayenne honey is made with sweet Appalachian mountain wildflower honey, blended with cayenne powder and poured over a bit of dried cayenne pepper that was grown organically.

This honey is hot, in a really sneaky way. It warms you in the throat and tummy before the heat really has time to settle in your tongue!

It's a good idea to add a honey like this to a tea when your sinuses are stuffed, or if you feel yourself coming down with a cold. Use it if you appreciate the heat cure for a compromised immune system.

Cayenne Honey also rocks for adding to a marinade for chicken or veggies or whatever it is that needs some sweet, spicy love!

Purchase Cayenne Honey from the Pixie's Pocket shop!

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Oct 27, 2010, 7:29:00 PM , Blogger Bonnie said...

This sounds very interesting - I don't have Appalachian honey but I do have northern New York clover honey. I bet this would clear out a stuffed up nose.

 
At Oct 28, 2010, 9:18:00 AM , Blogger Amber Pixie Shehan said...

It certainly does, Bonnie! :) And yum, I love clover honey...

 
At Nov 1, 2010, 6:16:00 AM , Blogger laoi gaul~williams said...

this sounds wonderful :)

 
At Nov 21, 2010, 2:07:00 AM , Anonymous John | English Wilderness said...

I could do with some cayenne honey. I have a cold I don't seem to be able to shake off :-(

 
At Nov 23, 2010, 8:52:00 AM , Blogger Amber Pixie Shehan said...

I should have some more cayenne honey posted within the next couple of days! :)

Hope you feel better soon, John! It's all that scarping about the lochs and crags in the mists that's likely done it to you!

 

Post a Comment

Thankee much for taking the time to leave a bit of your mind on my page...it enriches my brain compost and sprouts new ideas!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home