Branching out...
It's real, ya'll...I'm here to testify.
Here I was, a sick, tired, sad little retail-worker - oppressed with corporate regulations and demands, exhausted from 10.5 hour days, worn out too much to do what I love and make the things that beg to exist from the pile of components in my craft closet...
So I quit.
In this day and age! Tsk. In this economy! The shame of leaving a steady, well-paying job tried to get me down, but you know what?
I'm so much happier without it!
Now, I still have my one Job of Awesome, and that is Biblio.com. And I spend two or three days there a week, helping people find their dream books, or track their used textbooks, or walk a customer through an order. If you need a used book, try searching at Biblio - they offer carbon-neutral shipping, build wind farms, and start free libraries all through South America. It's an awesome, ethical company who supports the independent booksellers of the world who list with them.
![]() |
| Graphic by Modern Scribe Design |
Since I put my notice in two weeks ago at the evil corporate retail job, I have had three orders from my shop! I got business cards printed, and once the snow melts, I'll be going around and seeing who wants to carry my honey in their shops.
Huzzah for hope and for achieving dreams! May yours also manifest!
Labels: blessing, Etsy, modern scribe photography, pixies pocket


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Thankee much for taking the time to leave a bit of your mind on my page...it enriches my brain compost and sprouts new ideas!
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home